* is Unix
October 7, 2009
Ryan’s I like Unicorn because it’s Unix appears to have started a mini-meme of folks writing simple forking network servers in their language of choice. I’m really enjoying reading ‘em — they’re a sort of Rosetta Stone of network code — so I’m going to keep a running list of links here. Tell me about any I’ve missed (via email, comments, or twitter) and I’ll add ‘em to the list.
- Ruby: I like Unicorn because it’s Unix (Ryan’s original version).
- Python: Python is Unix (my original Python version).
- Python: Jeff Zellman’s improved Python version.
- Python: my more Pythonic version (using SocketServer).
- Perl: Perl is Unix (by Aristotle Pagaltzis).
- C: Unix is C (Paul Smith brings it full circle).
- PHP version by Russell Beattie.
- Haskell version by jinjing.