Hire me to help you hire
Do you have a growing engineering organization that needs help hiring effectively? I can help! I have consulting availability over the next few months to help organizations hire better.
I can design your hiring process, write interview questions, teach staff
how to interview successfully, or even run your hiring rounds. Read on
more for details, or if you’re interested, hit me up:
What I can do for you
In a nutshell: I will help you hire more effectively. If you’re having issues at any step of your engineering hiring processes, chances are I can help you improve. Some of the things I can do for you:
- Teach staff how to interview effectively.
- Develop interview questions around both technical and social skills.
- Develop technical screening exercises that are fair and effective.
- Coach engineering leaders as they run hiring processes.
- Design a scalable, repeatable hiring process, or review your existing process.
- Take the lead on running a hiring round or two.
- Build hiring processes that reduce bias and help improve the diversity of your hiring pipeline.
One thing I can’t do is recruit candidates – I’m not a recruiter. I can, however, help you design recruiting strategies, and work closely with your recruiters.
I expect most of these things would be medium-term, part-time consulting engagements– 1-3 months – but I’m open to other possibilities.
I’ve been involved in hiring engineers, in one way or another, for over 10 years. Some of my accomplishments include:
- Ran engineering and infosec hiring at 18F.
- Wrote and published 18F’s engineering hiring guide to help spread better hiring practices through government and private industry.
- Built a new infosec team at Heroku.
- Hired a great team of consulting engineers to join me at REVSYS.
- Helped our clients at REVSYS grow, build, and improve their engineering teams and practices.
- Grew the engineering team at the Lawrence Journal-World, where Django was created.